Thursday, March 14, 2013

I am still living with your ghost!!

I am as sick as I can ever remember... This ole tore up liver is letting me know how bad I treated it and he is pissed off big time!!! Thank God above and some GREAT physicians that treated a sick man... Not a low life addict.. So many times in the past I would go to doctors and tell them something is wrong with me I just know it...After a little history was taken and The words RECOVERING ADDICT came out....well, my time was done and so was his, hers...But I had a Diagnosis .....I felt so bad and my belly was swollen the size of a nice watermelon..and oh yea even that jaundice and yellow eyes could be explained sometimes!!   It is the disease of addiction or better known around here as,,,,a Damn ole dope head... I am very lucky indeed to even be considered for the transplant list......so many others will never get that chance..... And I'll be in Nashville Tn. at Vanderbilt medical center First thing Monday morning!!!!

My liver has started making ammonia. This causes me to be crazier and more confused than normal...Its just one of the things that suck with a failing liver. I am starting to tolerate it much better than 6 months ago and Now I can't even hide behind ......lol  I'm crazy as hell naturally LOL!!!

7 comments:

  1. Is your surgery done? How did it go? I hope everything is fine and I hope you are doing great. ;) Stay clean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em,

      Thank you so much for your kind words..I really apprechiate it!!!Didnt have surgery just got approved to get on the transplant list. It looks like I'll have a very long wait, which is good cause that means I am not sick enough to be moved up the list for a liver. I am feeling better, changed my meds so I can get this excess fluid off! Sure am thankful for that!!

      Again, Thank you for commenting and stopping by!! You are always welcome here!!!
      God bless,
      Jerry

      Delete
  2. Just trying to make some sense of my husbands alcohol problem and all the hell heartache and pain it has brought on my family and marriage. It's pretty darn bad, he works but when he comes home the can pops as he walks thru the garage before he gets in the house yo say hi I'm home. It has taken over his life and it's a total nightmare. Friday night thru the weekend he is in the garage with his beer and ciggarettes almost from 10:30 am to 2-4 am he was staying up until 3-4am and then went to 1-2 am after Christmas 2012. He's a mean drunk, vile and violent verbally. When he is drunk he is angry, he takes his anger out on me, his wife. He's gotten pretty bad over the past five years. He's overly jealous and suspicious. Four years ago we lost everything when the economy dropped in 2008 and it's been down hill since. He lies about everything even the tiniest things? I love him but I'm seriously done, I never thought it would come to this but I'm leaving him, I can't take anymore,I'm done. I'm just trying to understand his mind his thinking and what's going on inside of him. He is hell bent on drinking no matter what! He's not rational and even blames me for the craziness he's causing in our life! Is there anything you can tell me that would give me some understanding about his addiction and what it's doing to his mind, behavior? Thank you for listening,
    Angel~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel. This is the same story I have heard time and time again....Trust me your husband just didnt wake on morning and say "I want to be a real jerk and let down to my family today!! He has legitimate hurts and by all means does not have the right to hide behind this disease =did ease he is in. t does not have to be this way....In fact Im going out on a limb and say all this disarray is his disease functional. I know it was for me!! Prayer is the biggest cure. Religious services and of course the ole AA. Do not give up nor to dont give in...YOUR SAFETY IS ALWAYS FIRST.....going to be back on here alot more in time to come....have a world to share and 4 worlds of info to take in!! Peacr and May God bless you now!

      Delete
    2. And remember...It doesnt matter where you get the results...results count in recover do count in recovery so go where you get them<<

      Delete
  3. Addiction for drug,alcohol and others is very dangerous and it is like ghost and we need take some treatment for the addictions.Florida Intervention Services

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, let me ask. You get addicted to what? Alcohol or drugs? I hope you will have a very successful surgery and wish you a healthy life stlye after that. Do not lose your hope as God is always here for us. Goodluck Jerry :)

    love from Alabama Drug Rehab Centers Staff

    ReplyDelete