Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Talk About Things That Nobody Cares

"Dam.... What model higher power is that?",  "model #666"?,,,,.....  "lol....When are you ever gona learn"?!!

That was a quote made to me, by my sponsor I had at the time some 10 years ago. It was followed by a hearty .. "Ya know Jerry,...You are going to go oh so far in this program of recovery....... Because you have sooooooooooo far to go!!!!....lol "   I had to laugh myself. I had just brought the "next love of my life,... ( a    f lamming co-dependent and a super great person) to meet him.    Oh my....That was NOT a good choice!

This is just one more of my character defects that I must work on constantly it seems. Especially at times like the present when I am licking my wounds after another failed relationship. I could have sworn I was entirely ready for God to remove this defect a long time ago......I guess not???   I can hear those words of wisdom that were spoken to me long ago loud and clear today. " You need to learn how to have a healthy relationship with yourself before you go looking for one with someone else"..... "Especially as bad as you run to others i.e. members of the opposite sex,..when you are in pain"!!!  What worked at the beginning will work now too!

Thank God for the other addicts just like me!!!

another day clean. JFT


No comments:

Post a Comment