Friday, February 1, 2013

Growing Pains

Haven't written in a very long time. Have been sick as hell from the chemo for this Hep C that had already progressed to cirrhosis. Went through all the" mind screwing "and depression that comes with the disease.   I'll spend more time on discussing this later, God knows I have a load of crap that needs to be put down.

I was talking to a friend today about recover when the subject of growth came up. I heard somewhere that recovery was all about Growing The Hell Up! When I was a child I spoke as a child. Now I am a grown man and most of the time I am all up in my head about childish things. Like getting mad or pouting when I dont get my way. I should have learned as I grew older, coping skills of how not to throw a fit. I grew up on the outside but remained childish inside. If I stop, look at what is right in front of me, take care of what needs taking care of and leaving the rest alone, that means not even  the smart ass comment that seems to come, needs to be mentioned.  I guess I grew a little then. I have been in and out of recover, for the last 18 years. I have learned 1 very important thing. Don't put dope in my body and I want get high. Works everytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment