Sunday, October 30, 2011

I've been thru diamonds I've been through minks

This is about a week now that i have been sick. The swelling in my good leg returned and literly split the skin open in places. It got infected even with all i was doing to prevent it. Went to DR. last Tuesday and got loaded up with antibiotics. It does look much better and seems to be healing. Just hurts like hell.  We had a discussion about the pain I was having with it. I can't even take over the counter stuff like advil and tylenol because of my screwed up liver. I was slipping an advil or two when it got really bad and did'nt see how it would harm anything. My liver functions jumped nearly a thousand points which was why he wanted to have the discussion. He said he was thinking about putting me on methadone for the pain control since my prognosis with this looks like several years yet to go and the pain is worse than ever. Never knew your liver could hurt so bad sometimes. I  do not want to be strung out on methadone!!! but I do not want to hurt. My liver cant handle any anti inflamatory drugs NSAID's. Says the benifit does not come close to the damage it would cause. And as addicted as I am to any opioid I agree with him not even considering those. I still remember my last dose very well and not willing to go back there today. At least with the methadone he can monitor my dose and when I am pain free I can be tapered off. Even though that is a hell of its own. I keep praying about it so I know the best will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment